Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mardi Gras...WOW!!!

That's me catchin' some beads from the float!!!


This is Blake's fine purchase at the parade...the furry, money hat!! YIKES!

A little slice of home....hahaha TEXAS!!!

People dress up in all kinds of clothes and hats...look at the cone hat on the left!!!

This is the street corner we stood at for the entire parade!!!
Ok, quite the experience!!! I made it alive!! I liked the parade it was fun to see the clothes, floats, and mainly the people that come out to these types of things. I got a lot of beads, and no I did not get them by "flashing!" That's New Orleans Mardi Gras...big difference!!! I would just cheer and shout. I did however, come home with a bit of a bump and bruise on my forehead from a big strand of beads that I didn't quite catch!! Ouch!!! So I have come to the conclusion that a parade is like a fair, eat lots of weird things, buy (as you can see) some wonderful purchases, and the weirdos come out of the woodwork!!!!!!
Here's to Mardi Gras 2009, my first, and maybe last!! Ha

2 comments:

  1. HOW FUN! SOrry about the BRUISES!!! :( Poor RYANE!

    Glad you had a GREAT TIME!
    Kyley

    ReplyDelete