Sunday, February 8, 2009

Who's Honkin for You?!?

I have to share something with everyone that I didn't know before about geese. Apparently hunters know this about these birds, Blake knew already, but these facts were shared in part of our church sermon last week that I thought were interesting. When you see geese flying do you ever notice there are A TON of them?! You can also hear them if you are outside. Did you know that the one "honking" the loudest, is the ones in the back. They are essentially encouraging the ones in the front to keep going. Also, the leader of the pack when they fly, switches every so often with the ones in the back, because the hardest position to fly is the leader, and when he gets tired he goes to the back and the someone from the back takes the lead for a bit. Another fun fact: Geese can fly 70% farther together than they can by themselves. How cool! Lastly, geese never leave one behind. If one is too tired to continue or falls sick, always, another, sometimes more, will stay with the fallen one. How nice!! I'm really not sure how someone knows these facts for sure, but I loved them! HA I started thinking about people in my life that have and are "honkin" for me, encouraging me when I need it most. Those who have helped me when I am tired, or stayed with me when I felt that I could not handle something. I am so fortunate to have friends and family in my life who love and care for me. Living away from home, hit hard this past week when I was sick. I was suffering with a bad migraine and this cold thing still from my immune being down, and Blake was out of town all week. Since I was little I have always been independent and doing my own thing...until I get sick! The minute I feel bad, I want someone there taking care of me and sometimes just sitting next to me while I feel sick. Well, this past week I was on my own for the very first time! I have always had my mom, a roommate, and Blake while I was sick...I had none this week! I was so sad, Champ did make me feel better, it is weird how animals can sense when something is wrong or out of the norm and immediately adapt to the situation. He snuggled with me, didn't act crazy like usual, and licked my cheek every so often! He didn't even make me let him out as much to use the bathroom, he did a good job holding it! Ha
It made me appreciate the "geese" in my life so much more!

1 comment:

  1. Ryane, we are praying you are on the mend and that you are being strengthened for the race ahead. You are a definate "goose" in my life. What would I have done with out you these last 2 months. Love from OK and the Hintz crew!

    ReplyDelete